Musically Speaking

Musical misadventures of a vintage rock goddess...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And he calls himself a friend

Today at 07:45 a.m - my 'friend' who was to play guitar with me on the 4th August, SMS'd me the following message:

"I think I'll give it a miss I dont really like the songlist and I dont really want to learn new songs for a one off gig. Good luck with it."

I"m so disappointed. Not only in his lack of professionalism but because as a friend he's let me down with ten days to go to a gig.

About the songlist, I compromised and said yes to a few songs that both guitarists knew already, but I also stood firm on a couple of news ones that were more the style that I want to sing. I asked him to play for me because he's been wanting to do something acoustically with me for ages. Obviously I asked for too much.

I'll take my tiara off now - I've been a bit princess-ish by the sounds! So now, I will have to do the gig with one guitarist instead of two, one who doesn't really like all the songs I've chosen either but has been happy to learn the new ones anyway.

I am very sad and disappointed right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home