Musically Speaking

Musical misadventures of a vintage rock goddess...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Guitar

I just won a 'new' guitar on e-Bay...actually it's an older Cort Earth 50E-NS Electric/Acoustic but my first one so I'm pretty happy with myself...will see if I like it and then perhaps next year upgrade to a newer one ;). I have to make myself practise and then I will deserve a new one...I will won't I?

My new guitar has (according to the seller) a Mahogany back, sides and neck with rosewood fingerboard which has mother of pearl dots.The machine heads are closed and chrome plated. (I have no idea what that means - guitarist out there please enlighten me!!) The top is edged with a fine 5 ply binding. It comes with a Cort CE-300 Active EQ system and pickup which enables you to plug into any amplifier, if required.

I'm so excited! I'm electrified at last!

I've also seen some lovely resonators at The Acoustic Centre, and at Beltone Guitars (you can even hear some at this site). I want one of these so badly! LHM (Littlest Household Member) loves the gold Dobro - my boy has great taste! The Acoustic Centre is luckily for me right close by my work and I can go drool over them whenever I want!

After Friday night - Bill needs to keep one of these in the boot of his car!

My dream though is to win lotto then drive myself out to the Maton factory and have a one-off-specially-designed-girlie-guitar just for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home