Musically Speaking

Musical misadventures of a vintage rock goddess...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sunday at Hardiman's

Last night was my usual outing to Hardiman's. I'd spent the entire weekend with Economics and Management Science textbooks and my pc and quite franky I needed a glass or two of red and a nice litte sit down.

Fortunately, last night at Hardiman's was "rockin" to say the least - a great tonic for the brain drain I was experiencing. Usually, the downstairs bar is not too crowded, very relaxing and quite the chill-out place, but last night the place was jam packed with people having a great time - which really goes without saying as Hardiman's really is a great pub (must be the people)!

The Norton/Stapelton/Cristian trio were there being their usual sensational selves and the bigger-than-normal crowd of twenty-somethings were very appreciative, as were the regulars (we're a little more than twenty-something) who were herded into the far corner as tables and seats were at a premium last night!

This would have to be one of the best trios in Melbourne, if not THE best and they never fail to deliver whatever it is you're looking for at the time. They play a great mix of songs to sing along to, and for two guitars and a tambourine they have a really big sound. If you like acoustic Sundays then make sure you check out Hardiman's. It's worth the trip just to see Rick's monstrous wine glass, Jane's sparklers AND to devour one of their huge parmigianas!!

Rick and Jane are the best Sunday hosts and always make everyone very welcome - just like going home for a Sunday dinner really and as I settled down on the arm of the chesterfield lounge, I thought to myself that I could have quite happily just stayed there all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home