Musically Speaking

Musical misadventures of a vintage rock goddess...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Songwriting

I'm working on the music for a song I wrote a couple of weeks ago. The motivation behind this song is of course a love gone wrong - aren't they all!

I'm having a real time trying to stop it from sounding really angry! This is probably because at the time I WAS really pi$$ed off...perhaps I should just make it a devastatingly cranky blues song and be done with it....!

What key was it that was meant to be the saddest key of all? I'll have to get the Spinal Tap DVD out to watch again!


As an aside, my little man (LHM) wrote his first song tonight - it floored me! It's really insightful and lovely and almost made me cry and I can't decide whether it's because it's great (for a ten year old - MY ten year old) or it's just a great lyric. Mind you I came back to earth with a thud when he asked me what rhymed with "snoring"!!!

I will have to teach him a lesson in knowing when to stop :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home