Musically Speaking

Musical misadventures of a vintage rock goddess...

Monday, June 12, 2006

Usual Sunday Bliss

Again, I ventured into Hardiman's for my usual Sunday night.

It's a long weekend here in Melbourne, so I took some friends with me, Geoff (drummer with Beyond Therapy), Janine from work, and I also met up with Amanda and Al.

Now, it's a very funny story how I came to catch up with Amanda after 23 years! Amanda and I went to high school together (up to Grade 10) in Tasmania. I left school and did a hairdressing apprenticeship and I'm not sure what Amanda did.

The very first night I ever went to Hardiman's, I went on my own, and settled myself in on the Chesterfield to listen to the music (not sure who it was that night). I saw this couple on the sofa across from me and the girl looked really familiar! After a while I plucked up the courage to go ask her if her name was Amanda and shock horror she said yes AND she recognised me too (which concerned me somewhat because I was really hoping I had changed A LOT)! So there you have it, 23 years later, in a small pub in suburban Melbourne I bump into an old school friend.

I'm really looking forward to Amanda and Al's birthday party soon...lots of nice new people who don't know me :)

Because of the long weekend I suspect, the downstairs bar was packed again, we managed to get a table and enjoy some yummy food (steak for me, risotto for Geoff and spring rolls for Janine), a few glasses of wine of course and the inimitable talents of Paul, Wendy and Michael to chill to.

Geoff was a first-timer and suitably impressed and has vowed to bring the rest of the band to check them out soon as well :) A job well done I think - single-handedly building the fan base of my favourite trio :)

I know I keep going on about it - but really if you like your music live and acoustic then you can't go wrong at Hardiman's on a Sunday night. Absolutely the best! Lots of stuff you will be able to sing along to (if that's your bent) and a heap of stuff that you wont know but will have to go hunt down after you've heard it! If you fancy yourself as a bit of a twinkletoes, there's plenty of dancing to be had too...really there's something for everyone!

Look forward to seeing you there!

Also it's come to my attention that lots of people are reading my blog....so please leave me a comment so I know you've dropped by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home